Friday, August 27, 2010


Money Tree.  On which one friend tied his life . It blooms in summer and dries in monsoon.
Currencies on which we eternalised Gandhi. .


He smiles - Gandhi, he never thought his free country would sell him for a price. He never thought he would be traded on legues to satisfy human greed



Silent Currencies on which humans trade their souls to be with luxuries and purchasable fame.


Newspapers - Sanctuaries of sensations, biased. Monopolised by groups to promote differences in society.
Purchasable. None trust them.

Money Tree
Currency notes
My friend fills them in his leather suitcase
imported from Hague
from a tree he  planted in his garden
that gives him currency notes
not silent ones
he fills and fills
currency notes
on which Gandhi smiles
innocently
he trades Gandhi, his soul
and  walks around
pretending happiness
he fills currencies
again and again
in his leather suitcase
plain, ordinary with no adjectives
to stamp on hem..


Money trees  inspire me not but when I see tree branches spreading across:
He-roller coaster
10 zillion light years
Circle of fits
Elegant cakes and party dates
Magic Tube
Ki Gen I draw stuff

I remember my friend's possession - money tree. Language of Currency not silence but greed. And that greed tracked him to snatch more. How much do you need to trade your soul, to satisfy your greed. I don't know. I don't have  one in my garden and I plant not one in my garden. In that place I plant one Thulasi.



From my heart I find one India  Free but not free from money tree planters.

No comments:

Post a Comment